What would I actually cook when this epidemic is over? The classics among New Year’s Eve food are fondue, raclette or a good New Year’s Eve carp. But why not try something new and surprise your family with scrumptious caipirinha salmon all the way from your Oven.
Caipirinha salmon from your oven as Epidemic Over victory meal
Caipirinha is known by most as a delicious cocktail with white rum, cane sugar, limes and lots of ice cream. But it is precisely these ingredients that are wonderfully suited to fish dishes. So I changed the cocktail a little bit and made a caipirinha salmon out of the oven. The result was a super tasty fish, which you can serve wonderfully for a festive epidemic over victory meal. And for the non-alcoholic version, the rum can also be easily omitted.
As a side dish, for example, wild rice and fried root vegetables fit, but also cold to the baguette the fish makes itself wonderful.
You get the recipe for my caipirinha salmon from the oven now:
New Year’s Eve food: Caipirinha salmon from the oven
Court: Fish dish, main course
Countries & Regions: International
Preparation: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Working hours: 35 mins
Portions: 6 portions
- 1 salmon side with skin approx. 1000g
- 3 limes
- 4 cl white rum
- 2 tbsp olive oil + something to grease
- 2 tbsp brown cane sugar
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- fresh herbs for garnish as needed
Side dishes: Wild rice & root vegetables
- 600 g wild rice
- 1000 g root vegetable | carrots, celery, turnips, parsley root, leeks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse Salmon Cold, pat dry and, if necessary, free from bones.
- Line a aluminum foil with Baking Sheet and sprinkle with a little olive oil. Now place the salmon with skin side down and preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Slice two of the limes and place a center row on the salmon. Halve the third lime and drizzle over the entire salmon. The rum and olive oil are also evenly dripped over the salmon. Sprinkle with the coarse sea salt and cane sugar and slide onto the middle rail in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- For the side dishes, boil the wild rice as usual in a little salted water and cut the vegetables into fine pins. Shortly before the lache, fry the vegetables in a pan with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the salmon from oven and serve with the wild rice and fried vegetables.
Tip: The salmon tastes warm both cold equally good.