Who is not prepared for future Valentine Day. And because love is known to go through the stomach, I brought you a recipe today for a few sweet stuffed puff pastry hearts with raspberry vanilla pudding.
Stuffed puff pastry hearts for the Love of your Life
After Christmas, February 14th is the next beautiful occasion for many to cook something special for your loved ones. Because nothing is better than something cooked yourself. This time it will be a bit sweeter again, because today I have some super delicious puff pastry hearts for you. These are filled with a homemade raspberry vanilla pudding and taste not only big lovers.
The recipe for my hearty puff pastry particles I want to tell you now.
Puff pastry hearts filled with raspberry vanilla pudding
Court: Dessert, dessert
Preparation: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Working hours: 25 minutes
Portions: 12 shares
- 1 pack of fresh puff pastry
- 200 ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 g sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1/2 tbsp starch
- 125 g raspberries
- some water
- Icing sugar to garnish
- 2 different-sized heart cutters
- Unroll the puff pastry. Stick out 24 hearts with the larger heart cutter. Lightly pierce 12 with a fork and sprinkle with water. From the remaining 12 hearts with the smaller cookie cutter, cut out the middle and place the heart frames on the 12 big hearts. Put all the hearts on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for about 15 minutes at 180 °C. Then remove and leave to cool down. Pro Tip: You can simply bake the other little hearts with you and afterwards only sprinkle with icing sugar.
- For pudding, scrape out the vanilla pod and bring the marrow and pod to the boil together with the milk. Remove pot from heat & let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks together with the sugar and add the starch. Slowly stir the warm vanilla milk into the sugar egg mixture. After words leave everything back into the pot and let it thicken on a medium level, stirring. Remove pot from stove and leave it to cool the pudding.
- Set aside 12 raspberries, finely puree the rest with about 1 tbsp water. Remove through a sieve and lift under the cooled vanilla pudding. Now put the raspberry vanilla pudding in a spray bag and start filling the middle of the puffy pastry hearts. Serve it with garnished fresh raspberry and some icing sugar.